- SEC Investigates Herbalife Pyramid Scheme Allegations by Hedge FundPosted 1 year ago
- Report Says 20% of Companies Manage EarningsPosted 2 years ago
- FDA Scrutinizes L’Oreal Over Anti-Aging CreamsPosted 2 years ago
What are some examples of class action lawsuits?
Class action litigation occurs in many instances where numerous people have been damaged in a similar way. Here are a few examples that may lead to a possible class action lawsuit:
- Customers who bought defective merchandise, purchased items with false and misleading labels, or were damaged by unfair business practices committed by a company;
- Shareholders who purchased or sold securities (stocks, bonds, financial instruments) in reaction to a false and misleading statement or document by the company.
- Merchants and customers who overpay for items because of anti-competitive behavior and collusion among large companies;
- Homeowners lose property value or incur medical problems because of a toxic spill in the neighborhood;
- Employees subjected to racial, age or gender discrimination by their employer; and
- Patients given a pharmaceutical with undisclosed, harmful side-effects.
More information: What is a class action lawsuit?