- SEC Investigates Herbalife Pyramid Scheme Allegations by Hedge FundPosted 11 months ago
What are some examples of class action lawsuits?
Class action litigation occurs in many instances where numerous people have been damaged in a similar way. Here are a few examples that may lead to a possible class action lawsuit:
- Customers who bought defective merchandise, purchased items with false and misleading labels, or were damaged by unfair business practices committed by a company;
- Shareholders who purchased or sold securities (stocks, bonds, financial instruments) in reaction to a false and misleading statement or document by the company.
- Merchants and customers who overpay for items because of anti-competitive behavior and collusion among large companies;
- Homeowners lose property value or incur medical problems because of a toxic spill in the neighborhood;
- Employees subjected to racial, age or gender discrimination by their employer; and
- Patients given a pharmaceutical with undisclosed, harmful side-effects.
More information: What is a class action lawsuit?